Youth in the Know
Nothing about us without us!
Going to college?
Looking for a job?
Taking care of your health?
Get helpful information & answers to your questions…
Check out the resources below — for more help, call SPAN at (800) 654-7726
- The Family Guide to Transition Services in NJ: English / Español
- NJ Youth Resource Spot
- Advocacy Tips for Teens
- National Bullying Prevention Center
- ASAN Autistic Self Advocacy Network | Free books and guides on advocacy for all
- Youth MOVE National
- I’m Determined!
- The Pride Center of NJ | LGBTQ+ support and resources
- Working with Adult Allies
- Sharing Your Story for a Public Policy Purpose
- Participating in Advisory Groups
- Leadership is a Journey: A Series for Youth Self-Advocates
- Starting and Sustaining a Youth Advisory Board Series
- New Jersey YOUTH Resource SPOT | Guides and contacts to statewide, county and local resources and services
- NJ Centers for Independent Living | Learn about independent living and advocacy, and connect with others
- Voting: It’s your right!
- Essential Life Skills for All Teens
- NJ Department of Human Services–Division of Disability Services (DDS)
- Department of Human Services–Division of Disability Services NJ Resource Guide: English / Español / Audio
- NJ DVRS Youth/Young Adult Services | Help finding a job, answers and services for discovering your career path
- Additional opportunities for students with disabilities
- Soft Skills to Pay the Bills: Mastering Soft Skills for Workplace Success
- GOT TRANSITION Youth Resources | What you need to know about transitioning to adult healthcare
- Online quiz on transitioning to adult healthcare
- Medicaid: What Is It and Why Does It Matter to People with Disabilities?
- A Family Toolkit: Pediatric-to-Adult Health Care Transition Easy-to-use resources. Materials include a transition timeline, questions to ask your doctor, turning 18 and more.