Workshops & Trainings
SPAN offers workshops for parents, professionals, and practitioners. These sessions offer information and resources combined with hands-on activities so you can:
- Develop new skills and apply this new knowledge in real life situations
- Increase your knowledge of your rights regarding your child’s educational or health needs
- Connect with other parents who understand what you are experiencing
live & archived trainings
Workshops & Webinars
We offer in-person workshops on a variety of topics in education, special education, health care, mental health, youth self-advocacy, and more. View the Calendar of Upcoming Trainings and register for one that works with your schedule
Can’t make it to an in-person training session?
Browse our Video & Webinar Archive for information on special and general education, health advocacy, parent leadership, public policy, and much more.
Customized Trainings & Workshops
SPAN is a non-profit agency. Each year we provide a limited number of FREE county-based and regional workshops open to all. We can offer customized workshops and development opportunities for schools, districts, agencies, and community-based agencies on a fee-for-service basis.
For details, contact our Director of Parent and Professional Development.
SPAN presents several comprehensive training series:
1. SPAN Resource Parent Training (SRP)
2. Contact us for more information on these topics:
- Surrogate Parent Training
- Parents Engaged In Public Policy
- Parent Leadership Development
Translation & Interpretation
Most of our English workshops are also offered in Spanish.
As well, we can provide workshops in other languages upon request.
Sign Language interpretation can also be made available.
Please let us know your translation and interpretation needs.