2021 SPAN Parent Leadership and Advocacy Virtual Conference
We invite you to join us on Tuesday, May 11 and Thursday, May 13, 2021, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., for our 2021 Annual SPAN Parent Leadership & Advocacy Virtual Conference: SPEAK UP! TAKE ACTION CREATE CHANGE! Improving Systems for Families. A conference for and about meaningful Parent Leadership across education, health, mental health, family support, human services, and child welfare systems.
Keynote Speaker: Elizabeth Williams-Riley
Elizabeth Williams-Riley is the President & CEO of D.A.S.H. Consulting LLC, where her primary focus is Developing Assets for Successful Habits™ (D.A.S.H.). D.A.S.H., LLC, works in partnership with clients to develop comprehensive inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA) learning, critical analysis, strategy-building, strategy execution, coaching, and planning. Elizabeth is the former President and CEO of the American Conference on Diversity and the National Vice President of Programs for the National Conference for Community and Justice.
Conference Highlights – Tuesday May 11, 2021 and Thursday May 13, 2021
May 11, 2021 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm – Keynote
Developing Assets for Successful Habits: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Asset-Building in Brave Spaces
Elizabeth Williams-Riley, Former President & CEO, American Conference on Diversity
May 13, 2021 – 2:45 pm to 3:45 pm
Creating Change: A Policy Forum on Issues Impacting Children and Families
A panel of representatives from key state agencies will share their policy priorities and initiatives.
Breakout Sessions – Tuesday and Thursday
May 11th 2:15 pm to 3:45 pm
May 13th 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm
Opportunities for Family Advocacy in State-level Systems:
- Health | Education | Human Services-DDD | Children’s System of Care (CSOC)
- Engaging Diverse Families in Policy Advocacy
- Telling Your Story for a Public Policy Purpose
- Numbers Count – The 1-2-3 of Using Data for Advocacy
- Using Social Media for Policy Advocacy
- You’re at the Table, So Now What?
- Opportunities to get involved
- Types of groups
- Tools groups use
- Tips and strategies for groups
- Leadership Opportunities within Diverse Populations
- Your Leadership Compass – Appreciating Different Work Styles
- Mapping Your Leadership Journey
- Developing and Running a Parent Group
- Tools to Measure Stakeholder Engagement from Leading by Convening Adaptive vs. Technical Solutions – Understanding the Human Elements of Change Effective Meeting Facilitation – Tips and Tools
- Building and Supporting Youth Voice
- Critical Elements of Collaboration Between Parents and Schools
- Parent Champions for Early Learning
- So You Want to Become a Support Parent?
- Conference Registration: Click this link
- Empowering families as advocates and partners in improving education,
- health, and mental health outcomes for infants, toddlers, children, and youth.
Parent Leader Scholarships Available
A limited number of Parent Leader Scholarships are available. Since the conference is being held virtually, scholarship recipients will be invited to register at no cost. Complete the brief scholarship application here. The deadline to complete the application is April 20, 2021.
For Sponsors & Exhibitors, please email: Lanisha Makle-Ridley, firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please email: Nicole Pratt, email@example.com