Family Voices’ Leadership in Family Professional Partnerships
BUILDING THE CAPACITY OF FAMILY-LED ORGANIZATIONS TO REACH AND SERVE DIVERSE FAMILIES, AND OF MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH PROGRAMS TO PARTNER WITH DIVERSE FAMILIES AND YOUTH AT ALL LEVELS.
What We Do
Funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), the Family Voices LFPP is a national center funded to provide technical assistance to support family-professional partnerships aimed at improving outcomes for children and youth with special healthcare needs (CYSHCN).
SPAN’s focus is working with the network of Family to Family Health Information Centers and Family Voices Affiliate Organizations, as well as Maternal and Child Health Programs across the country to enhance their capacity to engage and support diverse family and youth partnerships at all levels on behalf of CYSHCN. We use materials from Serving on Groups and Leading by Convening: The Partnership Way as well as resources to strengthen the nonprofit and service delivery capacity of family organizations in this work.
- Providing virtual Facebook Live train-the-trainer sessions on Serving on Groups and other modules to build the capacity of diverse families and youth with special healthcare needs (SHCN) to participate in systems-level improvement efforts and policy changes to Family to Family Health Information Centers, Family Voices State Affiliate Organizations, and other family leaders working to improve systems for children and youth with special healthcare needs (CYSHCN)
- Providing national, state, and local government agencies, other Maternal and Child Health Bureau investments, and family-led organizations access to one-on-one leadership development modules on deeply and meaningfully engaging diverse family and youth leaders and family-led organizations using Leading by Convening: The Partnership Way
- Providing follow-up technical assistance to family-led organizations, state Maternal and Child Health Title V organizations, and other MCHB investments on strategies to identify, develop, engage, and support diverse family and youth in partnerships at the individual, program, and policy/systems levels
- Connecting diverse family and youth leaders to ongoing leadership development and engagement opportunities, and to each other for continued support
- Facilitating online self-study modules to strengthen the capacity of family organizations serving CYSHCN and their families in nonprofit management, Board development; and providing high quality, appropriate individual assistance to diverse families and youth
Resources & Materials
Leadership is a Journey: A Series for Youth Self-Advocates | Youth leadership webinar series that supports the identification of leadership as a journey and support understanding and learning in key leadership development areas
Leadership in Family-Professional Partnerships | Link to the NCFPP website
Family-Centered Care Assessment | Nationally validated tool to assess family-centered care
Pre-Post Results | Serving on Groups Three Year Pre-Post Survey Report
Pre-Post Results | Leading by Convening Three Year Pre-Post Survey Report
The National Center for Family-Professional Partnerships is funded by the US Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources Service Administration Maternal and Child Health Bureau. National Family Voices is the NCFPP grantee and SPAN is a partner via subcontract.