SPAN Parent Advocacy Network (SPAN), an independent, parent-led 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, seeks a qualified individual with a strong commitment to empowering and supporting parents/caregivers in improving services to and outcomes for children, youth, and families in New Jersey. The Director of Family and Professional Development will lead SPAN’s training team and collaborate across SPAN projects to provide high quality, relevant and useful webinars, in-person workshops, online learning, conferences, and other learning events and activities for families, youth, professionals, and SPAN staff.
The Director of Family and Professional Development will all aspects of SPAN Family and Professional Development activities, including learning events (workshops, webinars, online courses, and conferences) consistent with grants and contracts, and internal staff development opportunities. The Director of Family and Professional Development will
- Collaborate with SPAN Project Directors/Coordinators to coordinate their training deliverables, quality assurance of training curricula and materials, and dissemination and outreach.
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategic Communications to develop an outreach strategy for SPAN events.
- Collaborate with Chief Operating Officer for data collection, analysis, and reporting to meet grant and contract requirements and strategic decision-making and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with community, parent, advocacy, government, and professional organizations and schools and districts to ensure the implementation of parent, youth, and professional workshops to meet all training deliverables.
- Identify and use new training/evaluation methods (e-learning and interactive platforms)
- Plan and implement in-person and virtual conferences/events
- Recruit, train, and provide on-going support for SPAN trainers (staff and per diem) and tech support staff.
- Contribute articles on project activities and relevant topics to the organization’s newsletter
- Serve as a SPAN spokesperson at professional meetings relating to the goals and mission of SPAN
- Collect and analyze evaluation information on workshops and prepare reports and maintain records and other information that supports contract compliance.
- Other duties as required.
Candidates for the Director of Family and Professional Development position must possess a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the following knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and reducing disparities in services and outcomes for children and families.
- Experience in leading teams and collaborating with colleagues to provide high-quality development activities.
- Understanding of various training methods, delivery platforms, and adult learning styles.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Bilingual is a plus.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Experience using virtual meeting/training platforms, Google platforms, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, e-mail management, and database software programs is essential.
- Ability to work well independently as well as with a team.
- Reliable transportation resources and availability to travel locally, statewide, and nationally. (Currently, SPAN staff is working remotely, but this is subject to change.)
SPAN is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates of color, bilingual candidates, and candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.